Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blue all the way!!!

        I AM truly blessed to have witnessed this precious moment. What a proud Indian I am today. I cannot stop jumping with joy.  My eyes are wet but I cannot stop smiling; there are no words which can describe how I am feeling right now.  I have screamed so much that my throat is sore… We have won the most coveted tournament- World Cup humara hai….

        The streets are thronging with people dancing, holding the Tri-color, celebrating with dhol and bhangra. I have had the flavor of Mumbai’s ‘the city never sleeps’ attitude, but today, madness is the only word that flashes into my mind. People have gone insane, forget holi and diwali…this is THE national celebration…2nd April 2011 will be remembered for years to come… Crazy how this game unites the nation…It indeed is the biggest religion…Cheers to Dhoni and his brigade for paving the path to glory.

        I had started doubting the caliber of the team when Kohli was shown the way to the pavilion…but Gambhir was the man…he brought the victory to our doorsteps and Dhoni and Yuvraj made sure it doesn’t go anywhere… Every single moment of the match has been a mind boggling experience today…I almost bit my fingers off when chewing nails every time a catch was missed, a boundary was stopped…oooh !!! What an excitement….pheww!!!! The winning shot worked like a trigger…the crowd burst into jubilation,  1.2 billion Indians crying with joy….all of whom had been desperately praying for one single cause…dream of the billion…and it has come true…:) :)

We have rocked all the way!!!! Yayyyyy!!!


2 comments: